Things I'd Like to Marry
The other day a friend and I were talking to someone who was rather unhappy about the Jensen brothers (Peter, Anglican Archbishop of Sydney, and his brother Phillip, also an Anglican Minister). Afterwards I said to my friend that I thought that the Jensen brothers were marvellous. "In fact, I'm going to add them to the list of things I want to marry!" I said. Having said that, I suppose I ought to have an actual list.
So, here it is, the list of things I want to marry:
- A couple of my cameras
- All three of my cars (Lada, Hillman, Humber)
- Everyone at both of my churches, as a group
- All 4 members of GF4
- General Grievous from Star Wars (He's JUST SO COOL! And SO WICKED (in both the new, and traditional negative senses of the word). I briefly considered walking bent over and coughing like he does, but while he manages to look sinister and menacing as he does it, I can't get quite the same effect. For a while after seeing Star Wars I'd get excited and look around every time someone coughed. With my head I knew it obviously wasn't him, but I'd still get a buzz of excitement.)
- the Jensen brothers
- Sami Lukis. (Sami used to present the weather on the Channel 9 morning TV show 'Today'. I stopped watching 'Today' when they replaced her. I remember one time watching Sami present the weather, then afterwards realising that I had absolutely no idea what the weather was going to be. And it wasn't because Sami hadn't been clear about it).
- the Chrysler building
- the Empire State building. I used to diss the Empire State building, especially in comparison to the Chrysler building. But I gained a new respect for it when I discovered that it has (or had when it was built) facilities to dock a dirigible. How cool would that be, to work in a building knowing that if an airship were to suddenly appear from across the across the ocean it could pull up outside your window and unload?
- Kevin Rudd. I'm a bit embarrassed now that he's the Prime Minister. When I first wrote this he was a member of the Opposition, debating Joe Hockey on morning TV. He just seemed like the voice of calm and reason. Still, he's going to give me $900, so he can stay on the list!
- Shahrukh Khan
- Sam from Bambaloo
- Kajol. Actually I must admit I like Kajol even more than Shahrukh. My favourite actors are Peter Cushing, Shahrukh Khan and Kajol. When Peter Cushing or Shahrukh Khan turn up in a movie, you know that everything will eventually work out right. When Kajol turns up in a movie, things just ARE right.
I just haven't seen the movie where she's a cunning murderer.
- several of Perth's newer train stations, most notably Stirling. When driving past I have to resist the strong urge to get out and worship it. I'm also particularly fond of Leederville and Glendalough stations.